In this article, we will discuss briefly how we can effectively promote & leverage the content by using organic & paid promotion channels by using best practices for content promotion.
Content promotion is the distribution of content through several media channels & Content marketers can leverage promotion channels to connect with the new audience members & prospects.
- With content promotion, you are able to get your message to the audience who needs it the most.
- 50% of B2B buyers consume 4-6 pieces of content prior to engaging with the salesperson.
- Content promotion & success depends on by driving the website traffic, improve in audience engagement & help buyers with the purchase decisions.
- 45% of B2B marketers say they are effective at content marketing.
Content promotion can be achieved in two ways:-
1.Organic Promotion Channel: is a cost-effective way to excel at content promotion & designed to increase the visibility of the content & this is a very effective channel for the marketing campaigns without spending money.
Different Organic Promotion Channels:-
- Search Engine Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Channels
- Live Promotions (events or webinars),
- Influencer Networks
- Word of Mouth.
Organic promotion, make sure that you need to ensure the consistency around developing & publishing the content regularly in a timely manner.
2. Paid Promotion Channels: Allows promoting your content to a highly specific audience.
Different Paid Promotion Channels:-
- Search Engine Ads (Google, Yahoo, Bing)
- Social Media Ads (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
In paid promotion, make sure to experiment with the small budget to discover the best ways to achieve the desired outcome.
Key best practices for content promotion are:
- Create a content promotion calendar: This will help to organize a content promotion plan. plan includes details about targeted audiences, managing internal & external communication channels because content will be distributed across these channels.
Content promotion calendar ties with the content promotion plan to create a game plan about how & when the communication should be released.
- Use Segmentation: Divide the larger audiences or target markets into smaller segments based on the specific buyer persona criteria like Interests, Demographics, Geographical location, etc. e., target the right audience. for e.g. Email Segmentation uses the lists with the specific criteria of contacts in a company database (the criteria in the list is based off pre-existing information collected from the contact database) & Another way to target the audiences by outside the social network know as Paid Media Campaigns Segmentation i.e., by Google Display Network.
- Customize messaging for each channel: – Create a custom messaging by using these three guidelines.
Set the tone: you may want your message to inspire your audience, encourage them & educate them, or just make them laugh.
Communicate the value: Define one or two benefits one would gain from your piece of content.
Match the distribution channel: Explore the new & creative ways of delivering your messaging.
Experiment & Optimize the content: Experimentation is a great way to learn how to deliver content to your audience i.e., you want to change one variable per experiment.
Optimization is used to achieve the best possible outcome for your content promotion plan
Three Key areas to optimize Content Promotion Funnel:
Reach: is used to measure the size of your potential audience & we can optimize the reach by including a link in the email signature, share content on social media channels, connect with industry influencers & always tell new people about the content.
Engagement: We can optimize for engagements by considering how the user is going to engage with the content, be patient, include relevant action words & make adjustments based on the platform being used. Most important metrics to look for is an engagement metrics i.e., Engagement (opened & Click Through Rate (CTR) )& Deliver-ability.
Conversion: We can optimize for conversions by linking to the landing page for all of the content promotional efforts & use a strong call to action.
- Analyze your results: You will need to analyze the results of each campaign in order to identify ways to enhance future campaign performance.
Content promotion efforts can be analyzed by analyzing the performance of promotion channels, exploring each channel individually & identify next steps that you can take based on the new insights.
By going through this blog, we can conclude that “Create Less Promote More” should be our digital mantra to drive business success.
Need to know more, How to implement content promotion strategy across different digital marketing channels, Please feel free to contact us today & we are the trusted top 10 Content Marketing Agency in Bangalore.
Need to know more, How to implement content promotion strategy across different digital marketing channels, Please feel free to contact us today & we are among the Best Digital Marketing Companies in Bangalore which is built to help your business grow. We are Companies with the Best Digital marketing services in Bangalore. Contact us to know more about us.